NAME, STATUS AND PLACE OF BUSINESS
- The name of the Association shall be Urhobo Progress Union America (UPUA), hereinafter referred to as “the Association.”
- The Association shall be a non-profit umbrella organization of Urhobo organizations and people resident in North America.
- Notwithstanding Article 1.2, the Association is not precluded from establishing for-profit subsidiary organizations which shall be registered as separate legal
- The Association may cooperate with other organizations at home and abroad with similar interests, or for a common
- The principal office of the Association (the Secretariat), shall be located wherever the Secretary of the Association is located and shall be managed by the Secretary and the Assistant Secretary.
ARTICLE 2 MISSION STATEMENT
- To unite people of Urhobo descent and others who identify with Urhobo people and culture abroad and at home for the promotion of human development and Urhobo culture and ideals. The Association shall promote charitable, scientific, literary and educational projects in North America and Nigeria.
- To this end, the motto of the Association in Urhobo language shall be “Okugbe, Egba, Voyan Robaro” which translates in English as “Unity, Strength and ”
ARTICLE 3 PURPOSES AND OBJECTIVES
The Association shall:
3.1. Be organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary and educational purposes.
- Assist in providing relief to disaster areas, and assist in relief of the poor, the distressed and the
- Participate in voluntary and charitable activities in host countries and communities.